Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lemon pepper chicken and au gratin potatoes

So I have to give a shout out to http://www.modernparentsmessykids.com/ which is where I get many of the meals that make for my family. She has a 6 week calendar of meals with recipes and shopping lists. I don't quite follow it to a T, but my family has come to love many of her meals. Today, I am making a delicious lemon pepper chicken with Au Gratin Potatoes.

Lemon Pepper Chicken:


  • 1/4 cup (plus 2 tablespoons, if roasting) EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 2 lemons, divided
  • 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely grated or pasted
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • Salt
  • 1 3- to 4-pound chicken, skin removed and cut in pieces
I just simply put all the ingredients in a zip lock bag, mix, and marinate the chicken for 15 min. before throwing it on the grill. To save time, today I plan on making 3 batches so I can simply freeze 2 more meals of the marinated chicken.









Au Gratin Potatoes

4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 slices
1 onion sliced into rings
salt and pepper to taste
3 T butter
3 T flour
1/2 t Salt 
2 Cups milk
1 1/2 Cups cheese

I always add more cheese and this recipe makes at least a serving size of 4. Preheat oven to 400. Layer all the potatoes on bottom of a 1 qt dish. Then in a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Add the rest of the ingredients and slowly melt to consistency, leaving the cheese for last. Once the cheese is melted, layer over potatoes, cover with foil and bake for an hr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment