Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A thousand dollar wish

If you were granted $1000 to spend on whatever you wanted, what would it be? This is assuming you can spend it on wants, and not needs. Well, I have been giving this a lot of thought. We are blessed to have a good savings, as well as food storage, and money set aside for more necessities. After much dedication, we have become debt free, and have a savings to help us live for 6 months without problem if Travis were to lose his job. So... to celebrate our accomplishments, we are going to take some of our extra money to splurge on the things we want. What will I do with my share? Well I might get a few lil things for myself here and there, but I've decided to see how much I can transform my home with 1000 to spend. So I will be keeping a list of what I buy, and what I do with it. Hopefully, there will be a positive transformation in the Plott home. I spend all day, everyday, here in this home. So the chance to make it mine is going to be such a fun task. I've already dipped into the budget, and bought a qrt. of brown paint to re-finish my cabinets in the main bath. Unfortunately for now, the major changes ie. new toilet, shower, etc. will be a long time wait. But making do with what we have, and a small budget, large transformations can still be possible. I hope....The doors are down, the cabinets are halfway sanded, and I'm excited to show you the $15 difference paint will make while I finish transforming the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment