Thursday, October 25, 2012

Beef, or should I say Deer meat stew

Well I went ahead and made this stew, hoping to have some left over to freeze. I have yet to try it, so hopefully it turns out well. I'm not the best cook, but I'm definitely improving.

Ingredients:
6 med Idaho Potatoes- chopped and peeled
1 lb baby carrots
med onion-chopped
Deer meat
14 oz dice tomato undrained
10 oz tomato and green chili undrained
1 cup beef broth (depending how soupy you like it)
t. ground mustard
t. salt and pepper
pinch of cayenne pepper

1. peel and chop potatoes, then put in slow cooker. 2. Top potatoes with the carrots, onion, and then meat. (I used frozen dear meat, but you can choose other meat to cook and throw in)





2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl, then pour over meat.

3. Cook on high for 1 1/2 hrs, then turn to low for another 6-7 hrs.


Since I went to the store I decided to buy some red and green peppers. So I went ahead and chopped them up, then put them in freezer for 3-5 min before putting in a freezer bag. Now I have peppers ready for an afternoon snack, or future fajitas!

No comments:

Post a Comment